for/with New Canadians
We all face the challenge of being appropriately assertive,
at times. This challenge is often more pronounced for new
Canadians and those who interact with them. Because of language
and cultural differences, an assertive behaviour in one culture
may be perceived as aggressive or passive in another culture.
This program helps both new and “old” Canadians
to interact with each other assertively.
The benefits are:
- Increased mutual understanding
- Reduced misunderstanding
- Improved conflict resolution
- Greater collaboration and productivity
Let’s take a quick quiz to see how assertive you are.
- Do you find it difficult to say what you want to say to
others (co-workers, friends or family members) because you
are afraid of a negative reaction?
- Do you sometimes, or habitually, explode with anger and
intimidate those interacting with you?
- Do you sometimes replay an unpleasant interaction with
someone you have had, and wish that it had happened differently?
- Do you find it difficult to publicly accept a compliment?
A “yes” answer to any of these questions indicates
that you gain significantly by attending this program.
“The workshop was proven to be extremely meaningful… Thank you!!”
-- a participant from Bank of Montreal